Guru CMS 2.9 manual
Guru CMS is a content management system created by New Media Guru LLC. CMS is a software that allows to create and modify the content of the website. In the beginning of 2011 we released version 2.9 of our CMS.
On the right side of this page you can see the table of contents that can be found also on the left menu – so you can quickly find the part of manual that you are interested in.
How to learn using CMS?
- For start read Introduction part. It includes four parts: first of all general information about GuruCMS; secondly dictionary that will help to understand words used in manual; thirdly explanation on how to log in into the system and the last part is quick overview of the system structure.
- Now, that you have been logged in, it’s time to create your own account that you can use for logging into the system in the future. To learn how to do this read about module “Users”.
- When you have your own account, it’s time to create the content of the website. Before that you have to make a structure. Figuratively speaking structure is like a book shelf and you can later put books – that is content – into it. To create structure you need to know how to use module “Structure”
- Before you start with content, learn to upload the entries and have a look at how the lists of entries work.
- Now you are ready to upload the content. You should learn about the modules that your CMS package includes. All of packages include module “Texts” – so you can start with that.
- When you have read about the “Content” modules, look also into “General settings” modules and read about module settings.