- insert name of the page. This name is displayed on the website in the menu and as heading above the content part and also as the title of the page in the browser if the field “Title” is empty;
- choose content. User can choose, either the page has some kind of content (choice “Module” and choose the module, which will allow to upload content to this page) or is a category (choice “Category”). In our example (Video 1.) “About” is a category to “Company – so when visitor clicks on the website on “About us” link, page “Company” will be opened. So “About” is category and “Company” is a module. In the drop-down “Module” there is also an empty choice “—-” which means that no content from any module will be displayed on this page and the only content on that page will be from the text editor below;
- choose how the page is displayed on the website. There are three options: “show always on the menu”, “show in menu when active” and “don’t show in menu”. The selection “show always on the menu” displays the page in the menu in all cases, even when they are subpages. The selection “show in menu when active” means that if page is a subpage to other page, it will be not displayed on the menu of the website unless the visitor clicks on the page under which the particular subpage is located. In our example (Video 1.) if we would select “show in menu when active” for page “People”, it would not be displayed on the menu of the website before the visitor clicks on the “Contact” link. Selection “don’t show in menu” means that the page will not be displayed on the menu of the website and sitemap;
- insert link. Link is the word(s) that are displayed on the address of the website after the domain. If you insert link “car-sale” then the URL (link) of your website will be www.companyname.com/car-sale. Link must include only symbols of the Latin alphabet and there can’t be spaces. If you want to insert several words, put dash between the words. Link should describe the page as well as possible. Example of correct link: works-made-in-years-1996-2000. Pages that are categories, don’t have to have link. If the field “Link” is empty, system wil lgenerste the link itself using the words from the field “Name”;
- insert title. Title is the text that is displayed to visitors on the browser’s upper part. It’s also displayed as the name of the page in the search results of the search engines. So it’s very important that the title describes the content of the page as well as possible. On the first page of the website the title should be the name of the company/website and it also may include after that (spade, dash, space) couple of words that describe company products/services. Example: “Company LLC – car sale and maintenance”. The description of products/services should not be longer than 5-6 words and should not include words like “best”, “super”, “cheapest” etc. All other pages of the website should have title that includes the name of the page and after that (space, dash, space) the name of the company/website. Example: “Price list of maintenance works – Company LLC”. Pages that are categories, don’t have to have title. If the title field is empty, the content for title is taken automatically from the field “Name”;
- insert text, that’s displayed on the page. The text editor allows to add text to the pages that have other type of content – for instance galleries, product lists, the list of events etc. The text from text editor is displayed above the content of the page and if the module of the particular page displayes several pages, then the text is displayed only on the first page: for example on gallery page there is a list of galleries and by clicking on the gallery the photos of the gallery are displayed – in this example the text from text editor will be displayed only on the page of the list of galleries. If in the drop-down menu “Module” the “—-” choice is chosen, then the page will display only the content from the text editor.
- insert keywords; Those words are shown in the source code of the website (it can’t be seen on the website) and they help search engines to find your website. The words must be separated by space (for example fish store would have words like “fish seafood store”), there should be not more than 10 of them and those should be the words that you want people to find your website by. The words must be the ones that can be found on this page, otherwise they are no use for search engines. Pages that are categories, don’t have to have keywords;
- insert description; Those words are shown in the source code of the website (it can’t be seen on the website), but also in the search engine results under the title of the page. The description should be short sentence, that describes this page or your website. For example “Gallery” page that displays pictures of the fish store products could have this description – “Fish store “Seafood” offers wide range of gourmet food”. Pages that are categories, don’t have to have description;
- choose, if this page has limited access. In this case you have to insert the username and password that will be requested to enter when visitor opens this page on the website. If the page is with limited access, then only persons who know username and password can access this page.
In the following video (Video 1.) it’s shown how to create structure by the plan that is created earlier (Picture 1.).
Video 1. Creating the structure of the page.
In the case of multi-language website you can choose the language in the list of the pages.
Moving the cursor on the row of the page the basic data of the page is displayed (Picture 2.): the display type on the website, title, link and limited access.
Picture 2. Displaying the basic data of the page
|In the list of pages it’s possible to open the page on the website by clicking on the icon (Picture 3.) that is in front of the page’s name. Clicking on the link after the name will open the module of the particular page.||
Picture 3. Icon “Page on the website”
|Under the list of pages there is the action form that beside deleting function includes the following options: the choice of the module (Picture 4.), the choice of category (Picture 5.) and the choice of displaying on the menu (Picture 6.).||
Picture 4. Action form, choice of modules
Picture 5. Action form, choice of category
Picture 6. Action form, choice of displaying on the menu
The bottom part of the page of pages list includes fields and buttons for import and export. Both export and import files and in XML format that can be opened by Excel. Export file includes the structure of the website. You can make changes to the whole structure in the export file, for instance adding keywords and description. This way you can make changes to the structure faster than in CMS. Changed file must be uploaded as import file.